Tooth Replacement Options Reno
If you have lost a single tooth or multiple teeth, you may be wondering what tooth replacement options are available and how they compare to one another. At The Reno Dentist, we offer multiple restorative options for patients area who are missing teeth, including dental implants, traditional dentures, All-on-4 permanent dentures, and dental bridges. Losing your teeth doesn’t have to be a devastating blow to your life – we have tooth replacement options for almost any situation.
Bridge vs. Implant
- Dental implants replace both the tooth root and the surface area of the tooth. Dental bridges replace only the tooth crown.
- Dental bridges provide full mouth functionality, but do not restore jawbone support without a dental implant. Dental implants restore support to the jaw and can prevent bone deterioration.
- Dental implants are created with a titanium alloy that is durable and can last a lifetime, bridges often need to be replaced after a few years
Implants vs. Dentures
- Dentures are notoriously less durable than natural teeth and can prevent people from eating the foods they enjoy, with implants you will be better equipped to chew any foods you would like to eat.
- Because dentures sit on top of the gums there is often bone deterioration, Implants are fused to the jawbone, providing additional support and preventing bone loss.
- Dentures are used to replace full or partial sets of teeth. Dental implants are typically used to replace a smaller number of teeth, but can be used in combination with dentures to create implant supported dentures. Implant supported dentures combine the benefits of dental implants and high-end custom dentures for a more secure fit and comfortable feel.
Permanent Dentures vs Traditional Dentures
Traditional dentures use a dental adhesive to attach your dentures to your gumline. Instead of adhesive, permanent dentures use strategically placed dental implants to secure the denture appliance to your gumline.
Like traditional dentures, permanent dentures are completely removable. Unlike traditional dentures, permanent dentures are more secure and will never slip or click out of place during daily activities. Patients with permanent dentures enjoy a more comfortable fit and greater confidence.
Our patients love our permanent dentures because they help decrease bone loss and prevent other health problems. With added dental implant support for your dentures or dental bridge, you can enjoy a higher level of oral health and overall wellness.
Get Permanent Dentures in One Day with All-on-4
The All-on-4 treatment uses four strategically placed dental implants to secure your dentures. All-on-4 is an affordable solution for patients with missing teeth, and can help patients achieve a full, beautiful smile again in less time than ever. The entire All-on-4 procedure can be completed in one day. With All-on-4 dentures, patients can walk into our office without teeth and leave the same afternoon with a beautiful, full smile.
Contact The Reno Dentist for Tooth Replacement Options
To find out more about dental implants vs dentures or bridges, simply give us a call, text, or email today. Dr. Shane Sykes would be happy to meet with you to discuss your restorative options and find a treatment that will meet your needs. He is proud to have helped patients all over the area restore their smiles, from Spanish Springs to Sparks, NV!