Diagnose And Treat Periodontal Disease In Reno
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is an inflammatory gum condition that is caused by the bacteria found in plaque. Symptoms of periodontal disease include gums that bleed easily, gum sensitivity, pus near the gumline, swollen gums, a receding gumline, and loose feeling teeth. If left untreated, gum disease is the number one cause of tooth loss in adults, and has been linked to other serious health problems including strokes, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, pregnancy issues, and more.
The Stages of Gum Disease
Periodontal disease has two stages:
- Gingivitis – The beginning stage of gum disease, when gums become red and swollen, and bleed easily.
- Periodontitis – Without treatment, gingivitis will progress into periodontitis, and the gums and bone that support the teeth will become seriously and irreversibly damaged. Gums infected with periodontitis can result in loose teeth that fall out, or need to be removed by a dentist.
Gum Disease Treatment from Your Favorite Reno Dentist
Gum disease affects eighty percent of Americans, and can have devastating consequences if left untreated. Fortunately, gum disease is completely treatable, and you can find meaningful treatment that will make a difference when you visit your dentist. At our practice, we offer personalized periodontal treatment for each patient including the use of dental lasers. Every patient is different and may have unique needs. The Reno Dentist and his team will do everything they can to accommodate you. The type of periodontal treatment you need will depend on the stage of the periodontal disease and other factors.
The Benefits of Periodontal Treatment
- Health — Getting periodontal treatment can improve your health. Patients with healthy gums feel better and are more likely to smile. Treating periodontal disease can help lower your risk for developing the serious health problems associated with gum disease.
- Relief — Periodontal disease treatment can relieve your gum disease symptoms. At our practice, we treat the cause of the periodontal disease to help our patients find full and complete relief and a higher level of oral health.
- Prevention — Periodontal disease treatment prevents the disease from reaching more advanced stages where the disease could have a serious negative impact on your health. With periodontal disease treatment, we can help lower your risk of tooth loss and help you enjoy a full, natural smile longer.
Tackle Periodontal Disease with Gum Disease Treatment Near Spanish Springs
To find out more about periodontal disease treatment, call us today! We treat patients from all over the Reno area, including Spanish Springs and Sparks, NV!