The powerful, precise, highly-concentrated beam of light originally known as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is so common that the acronym has now been relegated to lower case and is used instead.
Lasers are Everywhere!
Lasers are now used in everything from weapons to barcode scanners in grocery stores. They have increased efficiency and advanced technology in numerous industries such as communications, manufacturing, and virtually every branch of science. Today’s post focuses on how lasers have influenced dentistry.
Advanced Laser Dentistry in Reno
Lasers are now used in many technologically-advanced dental practices for a broad range of procedures. Laser Dentistry in Reno allows dentists to be extremely precise when working on either teeth or gum tissue.
Dentists use lasers to:
- Remove decay while preserving more intact tooth material
- Firmly attach bonding material to a tooth
- Remove oral lesions or obtain tissue for biopsies
- Reshape receded gums
- Eliminate bacteria while performing root canals
- Increase the effectiveness of tooth whitening agents
Dental patients benefit with:
- Fewer stitches – some surgical procedures require no sutures when a laser is used
- Faster healing times
- Lower risk of infection
- Decreased damage to surrounding tissue/bone
- Less pain – eliminates the need for anesthesia in many procedures
Schedule an Appointment
At The Reno Dentist, our dental team employs advanced dental technology such as laser dentistry in Reno with seasoned skill to serve our valued patients. At our professional practice, we believe that every man, woman, and child deserves a beautiful smile and a lifetime of oral health. For questions about root canals, wisdom teeth extraction, partial dentures, or laser dentistry in Reno, call 775-322-5016 today to schedule a consultation at The Reno Dentist. Our friendly team looks forward to meeting you.